Friday, April 2, 2010

Romantic Getaway

I am trying to plan a romantic getaway with my husband. We are in our 20s, so we still like to have fun, but also want something that will be memorable. Looking for hotels, maybe something close to the West End? And things to do during the day and at night. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!!



Romantic Getaway


What%26#39;s your price range? The most romantic hotel is the St. Germain on Maple Ave.



Romantic Getaway


I%26#39;m thinking $150 a night. I don%26#39;t want something so fancy, that we feel uncomfortable.




The Magnolia downtown has good rates from time to time - Main St downtown has some good restaurants, bars, etc. The newest is Luqua in the Rooftop Gardens Bldg.




We went to a beautiful place but might be a bit more expensive. One hour N of Dallas.- Elm Creek Manor




The Adolphus is a great place for a getaway.



I%26#39;ve never heard a bad comment from anyone who stayed there, and I believe it will fit in your price range.





There are plenty of places to eat and many things to see in the area.





Have you already made a decision?



Let me know if you need more information or suggestions.





I%26#39;m in my 20s as well, my boyfriend and I always try new places...there are so many of them :)




you should check out the Belmont Hotel in Oak Cliff. It is a restored retro hotel and has amazing views of downtown. It is close to the Bishop Arts District, which has some great restaurants (Hatties and Cosmo Rouge) and it is close to downtown, and uptown too. i live in dallas and we had a ';weekend away'; at the belmont and it was fabulous.




My husband and I also spent a romantic evening at The Belmont and ate at a restaurant in the Bishop Arts District. Be sure to get a view of downtown. It%26#39;s quite pretty. I would strongly recommend.




Cam, you stated that you are in your 20%26#39;s and still like to have fun. IMO, Bishop Arts District is not a must see and is not very 20%26#39;s friendly. Your either going to like it or hate it. I%26#39;ve been on 2 different occassions and wasn%26#39;t impressed with either time. I didn%26#39;t like Hattie%26#39;s the 1st or 2nd time but that%26#39;s not saying that it%26#39;s bad. I just didn%26#39;t like it. Your probably better off staying in the West End.

No comments:

Post a Comment