Friday, April 9, 2010

Need Help

I will be traveling across the US with my husband this coming summer. He鈥檚 a long haul truck driver and me and my son plan to join him for a few weeks every now and then. I have no clue where well end up stopping in your state so I was hoping you could all help me by telling me cool kid friendly places to see. I know there will be times where we鈥檒l be waiting a day or so to pick up or drop off and I鈥檇 love to use that free time to explore areas. I鈥檓 the kind of person who likes to plan as much as possible. So any and all recommendations of places to stop and see would be greatly appreciated



Thanks so much for all your help



Lisa



Need Help


How old is your son? What are your interest?





There are some great beaches at South Padre Island. As you travel north along the coast, the water gets brown and the sand darker too. SPI has clearer water and whiter sand.



Galveston has an indoor/outdoor waterpark, Schlitterbahn. Moody Gardens. SeaWolf Park has a submarine to explore.



Houston, a typical large city, has all the expected stuff like museums, zoo, shopping, etc. But on the east side of town, there is the Battleship Texas that you can explore and the San Jacinto Monument. This is where Texas won its independence from Mexico. There is also the NASA complex, and it is really geared more towards kids, but its interesting still with all the astronaut and space thngs.



In Richmond, the is the George Ranch. This is a living history park of a working cattle ranch.



In Bandera, there are lots of dude ranch. Your son can play cowboy for a day or however long you spend there.



San Antonio and surrounding area has lots of caverns to explore. Tubing down the river in New Braunsfels is also lots of fun in summer and very popular.



Since your really like to plan ahead, I think you should visit www.traveltex.com and order the state travel quide. This lists all the attractions in each city of the state by area. It gives great descriptions of everything, plus a map, and I think it%26#39;ll really come in handy. Welcome to Texas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment