Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hotel in Love Field/Market area or close

I am flying in and out of Love Field on a quick overnight work trip. My office will not pay over $100 for lodging. I have tried the Holiday Inn Select (over the price) and have stayed at the Radisson (won%26#39;t go back) and the two nearby Embassy Suites sometimes are under but usually over.the budget. Does anyone have a suggestion of a decent overnight accomodation in the general vicinity (2-4 miles - prefer no long expressway trip) for the price, which has a free parking lot and is reasonably safe, clean and preferably friendly? I wouldn%26#39;t mind a B%26amp;B but have not found any in the range in a quick search. I do this trip often and would like to find a reliable spot. Thanks for your help.



Hotel in Love Field/Market area or close


I wonder if there%26#39;s anything in the Market Center area. I don%26#39;t know specific hotels, but that would be your next closest area.



Hotel in Love Field/Market area or close


Hi Jimjade, At the near top of this page look at the tab to the far right. Click the Maps, etc.



When the next page comes up, look in the center of the page under the long green bar and click ';Map areas most popular hotels';.



Hotels are shown first, but you then go to the left side of the page and click B%26amp;B tab. I think you will find a suitable choice there. The distances are not as far as they may first appear. Enjoy your trip.




Hi Jimjade, At the near top of this page look at the tab to the far right. Click the Maps, etc.



When the next page comes up, look in the center of the page under the long green bar and click ';Map areas most popular hotels';.



Hotels are shown first, but you then go to the left side of the page and click B%26amp;B tab. I think you will find a suitable choice there. The distances are not as far as they may first appear. Enjoy your trip.




At Market Center there%26#39;s a Best Western and a Fairfield Inn, either of which should be fine.





I%26#39;d make a choice based on your membership in the hotel rewards program or whose properties you might want to go to in other places. So if you like to stay at Marriott properties, choose the Fairfield Inn. The Best Western chain has more choices all over the world. I can usually find a Best Western, when I might not be able to find another hotel%26#39;s properties in a location.





There is also a Best Western CityPlace Inn that%26#39;s close by and is in a great location for lots of restaurant and shopping options. If you have a car, this might be your best choice.




Thanks very much for the replies and especially the Fairfield advice. I had not realized there was a FF at the Market area. I will keep that info and try it on next trip. I am trying a B%26amp;B this trip, called Corinthian. Much farther from Love than I prefer but the price fits what my office pays. Thanks!




The Corinthian??? In East Dallas? They%26#39;ve really dropped their prices, if you got it in that price range. It is a very, very elegant structure. One of my best friends lived next door to it, but now her ex-husband does.





http://www.corinthianbandb.com/





You should really enjoy this area. The location isn%26#39;t that far from Love.





There are tons of great restaurants in the area. Favorites of mine are Scalini%26#39;s, Nandina%26#39;s, Ali Baba%26#39;s, and the Alligator Cafe.




Trip report: I did end up staying at the Corinthian B%26amp;B on Junius near the Baylor Hospital on my work trip. I explained my office payment policy and the innkeeper was able to meet it, apparently on a slow week day night. Their advertised rates are much higher and I doubt they will always be able to handle me. It was an amazing restored old mansion. It was a very pleasant switch from my usual stays at unfriendly and often unclean Dallas expressway hotels, to stay here in a friendly very handsome and clean historic B%26amp;B. It was also an eye-opener to me...blindly and honestly explaining a budget to a place of lodging and receiving a positive response. There were great perks at the Corinthian...huge jacuzzi tub in bath, free homemade banana bread, cookies, fruit, beverages any time of day. Plus they offer internet, phones and all business requirements available in hotels. If I lived in Dallas I would recommend it to friends and visitors. I couldn%26#39;t exactly get a handle on the neighborhood. It seems to be on the fringe of the downtown in an area which probably went way downhill sometime and has been somewhat reclaimed and restored.




Thanks for the report.



It is kinda fringy, but still safe if you keep your ';smarts'; up. The neighborhhod will turn around; afterall, Starbucks is about a block away and they don%26#39;t jump into unsafe or unkept neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment