Friday, April 9, 2010

Econo Lodge, Avenue U

Just reserved this hotel for Labor Day Saturday night. We%26#39;re going for a wedding and wanted a cheap but clean place to stay because 4 days later we leave for a cruise out of New York. I have read reviews until I am dizzy. Would you stay here?



Econo Lodge, Avenue U


I just stayed here this past August for one week and will be again in about a month--



Its nothing real fancy.



Its clean, service is good...its just basic, no complaints here...



I wouldn%26#39;t worry to much....I%26#39;d give it 8 out of 10 ;)



Econo Lodge, Avenue U


It is a plain Jane Motel. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle or your room. You will have them stolen. I know, I spent thirty years in Galveston.




Thanks, I would usually not stay here but with a vacation back to back I really don%26#39;t have much choice.




Galveston is like any other city with its good and bad parts. Use your common sense and you will be safe. You wouldn%26#39;t leave valuables lying around just anywhere anyway. Don%26#39;t walk the beaches after dark. Stay in the tourist areas (which again is just using common sense in a strange city) etc.





During the day the beaches and tourist areas (strand, moody gardens, schlitterbahn) are generally safe - just be aware of your surroundings.





They have drugs, gangs %26amp; prositition which is visibly present off of the main roads. If you see something that doesn%26#39;t look safe - then it probably isn%26#39;t.


  • mask work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment