Friday, April 9, 2010

Fun/interesting restaurant for family outing

I want to take out my teen-age sons and 82 year old mother this week-end and am looking for suggestions for a restaurant that will be interesting for the wide age range. Any comments on Hills Cafe, Broken Spoke or other suggestions? What about going late afternoon to avoid crowd?



Fun/interesting restaurant for family outing




Hills is certainly big enough to accommodate a family dinner, and the menu is sure to satisfy some teenage boys. It%26#39;s heavy on meat, and the portions are huge. It%26#39;s not necessarily ';fun/interesting.'; There are some interesting photos on the wall, and they sometimes have live music. I%26#39;ve never eaten at the Spoke, only frequented the place for dancing, so I can%26#39;t comment on the food. I think Hills would be a better choice for a family meal.





When I have family come in, one of our choices is the Salt Lick on 1826 (it%26#39;s near my house). If you go in the evening on most days, they have someone playing some music, and the atmosphere is nice. They also serve family style for the growing boys. It%26#39;s BYOB, and some don%26#39;t like the barbecue. I%26#39;m not sure where you stand on those issues.





Other folks will likely have other suggestions. It%26#39;s early yet, and my brain isn%26#39;t working properly.



Fun/interesting restaurant for family outing


Depending on the atmosphere you are going for:





Rudy%26#39;s is a great barbecue place--big picnic tables, eating with your hands, very fun, especially for hungry teenage boys. Also very reasonable prices.





Carlos and Charlies is fun--out at the lake, music, mexican food.





Never been to Hills, but one of my co-workers loves that place and I have been meaning to try it.


  • mask work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment