Friday, April 9, 2010

Favorite Restaurants for dinner/drinks on the river

I will be traveling to San Antonio in late March with 5 ladies aged 37-40. We are staying at the Hyatt which I understand is nice. We are looking for a couple of restaurant with atmosphere, hopefully on the river where we can have a relatively nice dinner (not too pricey). We are not really interested in any wild night life, mostly atmosphere. Any suggestions? How about a nice place to go to in afternoon for just drinks on the river? We love outdoor seating. Suggestions there would be great too. Thanks in advance!



Favorite Restaurants for dinner/drinks on the river


My favorite reasonable restaurant on the river is Pesca. You can dine inside or out if the weather cooperates. It is not inexpensive, but the food is excellent. Boudros has decent food too, though not as good as Pesca. After those two, I%26#39;d leave the river and head to Rosarios on S Alamo, where you%26#39;ll find many of the downtown locals eating.





Unfortunately, I do ';line of sight'; navigation on the river and I%26#39;m not sure of the name of the place that serves our favorite mango margaritas...but leave the Hyatt on the river level, make a left and it%26#39;ll be just about the first place (or 2nd?) with tables outside along the river. Most have menus outside too...look for the mango margarita and you%26#39;ve found it. :%26gt;



Favorite Restaurants for dinner/drinks on the river


I agree OO.....You know how I love Margaritas..I will look for that place..Have you tried Acenar,the sister Rest. of Rosarios?(on the river)...I ate at Rosarios for the first time last Wednesday..I enjoyed their salsa,The Mexican handshake(margarita),and enchilada suizas..Service was attentive...Drinks were very good as well as the salsa..Although I enjoyed my meal,my companion who is originally from Mexico,said that although the food was good,it was not spicy enough(Mole enchiladas)......They need to add an upstairs with a patio view of SA........As for the river,Boudro%26#39;s is king,with few competitors..Try their fresh guacamole,prepared tableside,Margaritas,and blackened prime rib........




Yup, we%26#39;ve eaten at Acenar a couple of times. My food was good, but I prefer Rosarios...I didn%26#39;t know the two were related! The first time we were at Acenar we had really bad service and that may have colored my entire impression of the restaurant from that point on. My husband likes them very much, but given the choice I%26#39;ll go to Rosarios... yum, their Chalupas de Pescado! Yes, I love their salsa too, and I understand you can buy it. Their waitstaff is super. Still, if you are sticking to the river, Acenar is one of the few (reasonable) restaurants I%26#39;d do. Pesca is still my favorite though if we are eating on the river. I could make a meal out of Boudros guacamole and it%26#39;s always fun to sit alongside the river, making it even more appealing. I%26#39;ll have to try the steak there...normally have a shrimp dish and then regretting it when I see everyone else%26#39;s plate.





I do a GoBucs cheer too GoBucksColumbus...my Bucs are different from your Bucks though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment