Friday, April 9, 2010

Location of the Missions

We are stopping in San Antonio for 2 nights and then have a 13 hour drive home. How far from downtown area are the missions located and aprx how much time will it take to tour them.



We are driving to McAllen 16 hours on Wed to visit DD and her family, leaving from McAllen (3-4 hour drive) on Sunday planning to stay in SA Sun. and Mon nite and then drive back to AL on Tues. We both plan to work on Wed ugh.





I just don%26#39;t want to spend tooooo much more time in a car. :) But we love history, esp me and we will be there on my birthday. Right now our plans in SA include Riverwalk, the Alamo, and a good TEXAS steak dinner . We will be eating Tex Mex in McAllen. We are planning to cross the border so I%26#39;m really not interested in Market Place.





Thanks for your help.



Location of the Missions


They are just minutes from downtown. Because you have limited time, I%26#39;d see one or two of them (aside from the Alamo)--San Jose and Concepcion are my personal favorites, and in that order. :%26gt;





Happy birthday--San Antonio is a great place to celebrate!



Location of the Missions


Thanks for answering. I plan on picking up a Texas map at Books a Million before our trip. We have an atlas, but I want to be able to see everything/!




Open the San Antonio Attractions link to get to the National Park Service website link to get info on the missions. Texas Land and Cattle on the Riverwalk (I believe its at the Drury Inn %26amp; Suites) has pretty good steaks at reasonable prices. Mortons is also in the Riverwalk area and Ruth Chris just east of downtown in the Sunset Station area are good restaurants for steaks, but the are also pretty pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment