Friday, April 9, 2010

Another hotel ? sparked by Hotwire ?

If I check online for prices, can I call the hotel direct and get the same rate? I%26#39;m leaning towards the Comfort Inn Alama/Riverwalk



Another hotel ? sparked by Hotwire ?


Usually with large chains the best rate will be their internet rate. Some hotels (Hyatt and plenty of other majors) will guarantee that as their best non opaque rate.





I%26#39;ve tried calling car rental locations directly to get the same rate as offered online and it was ';no go';. Perhaps you%26#39;d have more luck with hotels, but I suspect not.



Another hotel ? sparked by Hotwire ?


Sorry, I failed to notice that this was referencing Hotwire. That is an opaque site, so unless the hotel is hurting, you won%26#39;t be able to match the rate by calling them and booking directly. Theoretically that%26#39;s what makes Hotwire a bargain, of sorts...you don%26#39;t know for sure what you are getting until you get it.




You could try, but I%26#39;m not sure what advantage you%26#39;d gain. I%26#39;ve never had any problems booking on line and we%26#39;ve had great luck with Hotwire and (to a lesser extent) Priceline. Case in point - we%26#39;re headed to Lafayette, LA for Mardis Gras. In December we snagged a 3-star for $32 per night. Ended up being Holiday Inn with indoor pool - just fine for us and cheap. Every rate I%26#39;ve seen is in the $90-$120 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment