Friday, April 9, 2010

help!!!!!!!

I am planning to take a trip to Houston, TX maybe end of May or beginning of November. I am from Long Island, NY. How%26#39;s the traffic situation around Houston particularly I-45 North from Hobby north to Conroe? I am planning on renting a car at the airport and driving around the Houston area. Best places to visit around the city? Conroe? Thanks for your help.







help!!!!!!!


Traffic depends on the time of day, but I-45 between Hobby and Conroe is probably pretty steadily busy all day and extremely heavy during rush hour. BTW, Hobby is on I-45 South.



help!!!!!!!


I can get from Hobby to Bush IAH in about 45 minutes any time of day other than rush hour. Then it is still quite a way to Conroe - so estimate probably another 20-30 minutes




It is about 55 miles on I-45 from Hobby to Conroe. Count on heavy traffic during the day, particularly rush hour. If you are traveling outside of those times you can make it in no more than an hour.





I don%26#39;t know your interests, but these are my suggestions for places to visit.





1. The Galleria for shopping



2. The Menil Collection is one of the best private art collections in the world. It is particularly heavy on 20th century art.



3. The Museum District, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Hermann Park, the Science Museum and Rose Garden.



4. Galveston Island-The Strand and historical districts



5. Space Center Houston/NASA



6. The San Jacinto Monument.



7. Bayou Bend and the nearby Houston Arboretum



8. College Station is about an hour from Conroe. I haven%26#39;t personally been to the George Bush Library in College Station, but I have been told it is interesting.




Careful where you go on the Strand in Galveston, this time of year there are a lot of transients and pick pockets trying to get all they can out of the winter texans.




You%26#39;ll be fine - just use the same common sense you would in any strange city. Been around Galveston my entire life and never had or known anyone who has had a problem with pickpockets. The Strand area itself is a major tourist spot so using your common sense as you normally would will keep you safe %26amp; happy.




I lived in Galveston thirty years and still return there bi- monthly. Reality is that what I said is true. You have to watch out. Too often people get sloshed on the strand and end up getting their wallet stolen or they get their vehicle broken into because they leave a shopping bag setting on the seat. You have to protect yourself in life. Galveston has a large homeless population and turning a blind eye and pretending you are safe is just plain sad. You have to look out for yourself.






Are you flying JetBlue or Southwest to Hobby? It%26#39;s a bit far, otherwise, get a flight to Intercontinental. Conroe is much closer to Intercon than Hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment