Sunday, April 4, 2010

Water

I understand that this is a desert area, but I was told a few years ago by someone at Terlingua that the water comes up during the night. My husband is convinced that it means that water naturally flows to the surface of the earth at night, but I believe that it means water is pumped up, refilling tanks at night. Can anyone clear this up for me?



Water


At the lodge or are you talking about a spring or creek?



Water


We were at a lodge. I believe the tanks they referred to are for showering and personal usage. We are considering buying property there for retirement and being from a more tropical climate I am hesitant to make such an enormous environmental change. Also wondering if the area would support cattle and horses, or a large garden. The focus is finding land that will be self-sufficient, so we will not depend heavily on commercial resources like electricity and water. Not unlike the communes of the 60%26#39;s.




There are some natural springs. I would think that it would be hard to be self sufficient in that area unless you had a spring on your property.

No comments:

Post a Comment