Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Visiting Dallas with a 16 year old girl....HELP ME!

Hello everyone! I will be in the dallas are March 15-18th with my teenaged daughter for spring break. We have booked rooms at The Doubletree on Market Center, The Hyatt Regency on Reunion Blv, and The Radisson, on Mockingbird, Love Field, totally random I know, but I%26#39;m a priceline addict, lol! Anyway, we have tickets to The Door in Deep Ellum one night, and we will be stopping by her favorite store Buffalo Exchange to shop, and I am hoping to find other hip things to do with her (we are celebrating good grades, hopefully). She LOVES fashion, music, theater and all things ';Scene'; to my chagrin, as I love museums, art and jazz. Any suggestions as to where the cool teens are and where there are inexpensive things to do with her? We went to 6 flags last year, and Texas DeBrazil, and had a good time, but we really want to check out the more ';outside'; things to do. Your help is truly appreciated!





Visiting Dallas with a 16 year old girl....HELP ME!


outdoor shopping:





west village at lemmon and mckinney is great and fun!





mockingbird station at 75 and mockingbird





highland park village at mockingbird and preston





snyder plaza at hillcrest and lovers





for eating:





probably hit the west village area, mi cocina or taco diner would be fun.





other outdoor:





nasher sculpture museum downtown



Visiting Dallas with a 16 year old girl....HELP ME!


Mockingbird Station has Urban Outfitters, American Apparel. Good eats at Margarita Ranch. There%26#39;s also a so-so sushi place (Reikyu) and a Rockfish, Starbucks, etc. Angelika movie theater also - maybe something good will be playing that you%26#39;ll both enjoy.



If the weather is bad - Northpark Center would be your best bet. There%26#39;s an Urban Outfitters there too and XXI. Also Swatch...lots of cool places. And good eats in the food court (Which Wich is my fave) and plenty of sit down restaurants - Luna de Noche, PF Changs, etc. Besides...for you, mom....the mall also houses some of Ray Nasher sculpture and art collection which is throughout the mall. It%26#39;s really spectacular. Also an AMC movie theater.



If she like vintage things - go to Dolly Python on Haskell, just past Cityplace. I think the cross street is Delano.



In the same block as Buffalo Exchange is Corner Market. And across the street (more across from the Granda) is Izmir Deli (Middle Eastern) and Big D Hot Dogs.



I know the Radisson on Mockingbird is skanky - you%26#39;ll want to pass on that place.




Yes, I read a review of the Radisson, but too late! already booked for one night : ( via Priceline...you never know what you%26#39;ll get. Thanks for all the suggestions. We%26#39;re going to go to the Museum of Art, I heard there was a Matisse exibit in town. Does anyone know if the week of March 12 is spring break in Dallas too? Will there be other teens at the malls, etc. Again I thank you for the input.




When I said ';outside'; I meant out of the usual...I think it might still be too cold to go to the park? But maybe not....I see that was unclear now. Will I be really afraid to stay at the Radisson? I can%26#39;t afford to just not use it Prepaid, non refundable....




I think that will be the beginning of spring break here. Not sure what happens exactly - some people go out of town, others don%26#39;t. I%26#39;m sure there will still be plenty of teens at the mall.



There%26#39;s a dual Matisse exhibit - sculptures at the Nasher Sculpture Center, paintings at the DMA - they are across the street from each other.



Radisson - who knows. Probably a crap shoot. Bring some antibacterial wipes....;)




I know many people (with and without teenagers) love to shop at Sam Moon%26#39;s on Harry Hines. I think it is one block north of Hiway 635 (LBJ Freeway). Harry Hines is an interesting shopping area with discount shopping.




I noticed you previously made posts about WICKED. It will be at Fair Park but it starts on April 18 or 19.




Check out the Sam Moon site to see if it%26#39;s what you%26#39;re looking for:



http://sammoon.com/




Again thanks to all! Yes Travelin! We went to NYC and it was sold out, and impossible to get tickets....we%26#39;ll definately see it there if we can. Are there any good plays that anyone can suggest?




ChrystinP is our theater expert. But you can do a search on guidelive.com.



www.guidelive.com/portal/page…

No comments:

Post a Comment