Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk San Antonio

Has anyone been to the new Drury Plaza Riverwalk Hotel in San Antonio. Apparently it%26#39;s brand new. Would like to know if location is noisy and what the rooms are like.



Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk San Antonio


I%26#39;m trying to decide between the Drury Plaza and the Drury Riverwalk. I believe they are close to one another but I would like the closest one to attractions like restaurants, clubs, etc. I would also like the quietest (no construction noise), prettiest, and the nicest of the two.



Thanks,



Stacy



Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk San Antonio


The Drury web site confuses me.... Is the Drury Plaza open yet? I have been watching this thread for a while now and I am surprised by the lack of response.





I am looking at this hotel instead of the Crowne Plaza where I am attending a meeting based on the reviews I am seeing here. Is this an OK walk in the mornings and afternoon in April?




Locals usually are not the best for hotel advice. I鈥檝e never stayed at either, but do have a good knowledge of the area. From what I can discern from the Drury website the Plaza one is not open yet, but will be soon. Locations are near each other, hence the confusion. Both locations should be a convenient and safe location.




I went by there today. The Drury Plaza is the old Alamo National Bank Building. It isn%26#39;t open yet, but they have a sign out front that says they are hiring.





The Drury Inn and Suites is in the next block north of the Drury Plaza. The construction next to it appears to be in the concrete form work stage, which should be quieter than the demolition that took place earlier.




Thanks everyone





They must be getting real close..Their system is allowing me to make reservations for the first week of March.




i think it%26#39;s suppose to open feb.1st. i have reservations in the first week of march so let me know if anyone stays there. tell me how it was.




I have a reservation the end of March and would also be very interested in anyone hears when it opens and how it is, it sounds great tho and nice location....




There was an article in today%26#39;s business section,in the SA Express-News..It said that there may be a soft opening,as early as next week...The suite on floor 23,looks very appealing(2 story,spiral staircase)...I don%26#39;t know where Rick Drury got his money from,but he is obtaining properties all over town,and offers a quality product,that because of pricing,is in demand..This often warrants high ratings on trip advisor..Overall The Watermark and Westin La Cantera,among many others,smokes Drury properties...Just my professional opinion...




Thanks for the updates....I made reservations at the Crowne just in case




I%26#39;ve just made a reservation to spend a few days there on my kids spring break in March. We%26#39;re looking forward to going, it%26#39;s looks like a lovely hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment