Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Romantic Dinner?



Got a nice surprise last night. My in-laws want to take the kids this weekend, so the wife and I have some time to ourselves. Can anyone recommend a nice local place where we can enjoy a quiet meal? I am not looking for anything on Sundance Square. Been there, done that.





Thanks!



Romantic Dinner?


Sapristi! Oops, just realized that is NOT quiet- but it is good. If you do consider it, go early, less of a crowd. Funny, I can%26#39;t think of anyplace quiet. Which is kind of sad. But typical now days.



Romantic Dinner?


Is Lanny%26#39;s Alta Cocina still open? That%26#39;d be a nice meal. Or Bistro Louise.




Sapristi! looks perfect (my wife loves mussels). However, jusdging by some of the photos, the portions look really small. Not that I want to gorge myself, but the only I hate more than bad service and ridiculous wine lists is an entree that barely fills me up.





Any thoughts?





Also, does anyone know if there is a food-related forum for the Fort Worth area? I am a New Orleans native and a self-ascribed foodie, but have not been able to find any reliable online sources for food-related conversation in this area...




Have you tried chowhound.com?




I posted a review of Sapristi! last June when we went. We had the mussels and loved them (they have a large variety so it is hard to choose). I didn%26#39;t think the portion sizes were small at all- my husband has quite the appetite so I think he would have commented if he thought so. Excellent wine choices. The place itself is a bit small, lively (noisy?), crowded during peak time but just charming as far as menu and service went. Of course, haven%26#39;t had a chance to go back since. Would like to try the Sunday brunch sometime. Wherever you go, please post back- would enjoy hearing what you decide.




Well, we made reservations for tomorrow night, so I will definitely post a review.





You know, I am a member of a New Orleans-based food forum where posters not only discuss restaurants, but also exchange recipes and pontificate on other food-related topics. I would love to find, or even start, an active forum like that here.





Chowhound is good, but way too big. I want a forum dedicated only to local restaurants...




Five Stars for Sapristi. This small, locally-owned bistro the perfect University area hideaway for diners looking to get away from the hustle of the city but demanding a top tier dining experience.





Food, ambience, service. All perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment