Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brit relocating to texas (huge massive change for me)

My partner is relocating to Austin, we are in our late 30%26#39;s and having visited Austin twice during the past 18 months for two weeks (each time), I have some conerns over meeting up with new people - my partner will be working - I won%26#39;t be able to. I am not big into the music scene (my partner is) so 6th street isn%26#39;t really my scene. I would really love to get some background from expats and their experiences. Our first visit, it was unbearably hot and I couldn%26#39;t function (however, all I do is complain about UK weather!!!!). Everyone we met was welcoming and friendly, but we were looking at property, so I guess they would be nice (I am cynical - then I am English). This is a huge step for me and I would love some feedback, particulary on where to rent for for the first 6 months and the best area to look for purchasing a property. Thanks to anyone who responds.



Brit relocating to texas (huge massive change for me)


Since this isn%26#39;t a relocation forum, your post will probably be shut down soon. Here is a site dedicated to relocation:





http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/





Please read the Terms of Service Announcement before you post there (that would be the rules) and also do a search of previous Austin posts and you%26#39;ll get tons of information.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment