Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SPI in April with the kids!

The kids and I will be joining my husband on his business trip to SPI in April at the Sheraton. Since my husband will be working during the day, what can the kids and I do? The kids are 4 and 2. I’m thinking the water will be too cool for swimming (pool and ocean), but we can probably play on the beach. Are there any things we can do around town? I haven’t been to SPI in 20 years. I remember an outdoor mall. Is it still there?





So any must see sites for kids? Kid friendly restaurants, etc?



SPI in April with the kids!


contact Sandy Feet and teach the kids how to build a sand castle. Or take them to the light house in Port Isabel and be sure to go to the sea turtle rescue place. It is an easy walk (maybe not with a 2 year old) from the sheraton to the jetties. It%26#39;s a great place to sit and watch the boats come in and also the dolphins frolic around there. The shelling can be good there, and there is usually a great blue heron hanging around close by. Or you can take them on a dolphin cruise. I like to go down by Dirty Al%26#39;s (you have to eat there) and watch the big fishing boats come in and off load their catch. The ';mall'; is really no more. I think the only thing in there is a nail salon..there may be some shops on the front. Ask and see if the Sheraton%26#39;s pool is heated...some are down there. If all else fails, there is a theater.



SPI in April with the kids!


You will find lots to do. Across the causeway is Sea LIfe Center its a non profit rescue org. The kids might enjoy visiting there. They have a touching cage and a great dolphin film. They might like to ';volunteer'; an afternoon there. Sea Life has several young volunteers. Shell hunting is big in my family. We spend hrs looking for shells. We bought a book on shell crafts this yr and made several things. Im not sure but the Sheratons pool may be a heated pool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment