Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brit relocating to texas (huge massive change for me)

My partner is relocating to Austin, we are in our late 30%26#39;s and having visited Austin twice during the past 18 months for two weeks (each time), I have some conerns over meeting up with new people - my partner will be working - I won%26#39;t be able to. I am not big into the music scene (my partner is) so 6th street isn%26#39;t really my scene. I would really love to get some background from expats and their experiences. Our first visit, it was unbearably hot and I couldn%26#39;t function (however, all I do is complain about UK weather!!!!). Everyone we met was welcoming and friendly, but we were looking at property, so I guess they would be nice (I am cynical - then I am English). This is a huge step for me and I would love some feedback, particulary on where to rent for for the first 6 months and the best area to look for purchasing a property. Thanks to anyone who responds.



Brit relocating to texas (huge massive change for me)


Hi Surrey - having never lived in Austin, I couldn%26#39;t really give you any renting or property advice. I love to visit but always stay in hotels. :)





As far as the weather, however, oh yes, it gets hot in Texas. Our summers are our longest seasons and the heat can be quite something. It definitely will take you some getting used to! In regards to the friendliness of the people you encountered on your visits to Austin, I think you%26#39;ll find that that%26#39;s the norm in Texas - of course, I%26#39;m biased, but we are generally a very friendly bunch of people and making friends should be no problem for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment