Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girls weekend Feb 16th -

We have reservations at Adolphus. $116 per night. there is 18 of us coming from st. louis. I%26#39;ve searched and searched this sight for a good resturant recomendation. I have information overload.





We are going to Westend on Friday after we get in.





Saturday we are going out to dinner befor we go out for the night. I would think a $20 per plate average with some above and some below would be good. I want something unique to Dallas (well the south). We won%26#39;t have a can but don%26#39;t mind taxi%26#39;s or Dart if needed.





So......





Suggest away!!!!!!!





Also, for our night out on Sat. I heard Ghost bar? Also one of the girls wanted to go to Coyote Ugly, any opinions.







Thanks for any info.







Yeah!!!!!!!!!





Teach



Girls weekend Feb 16th -


I would stick to downtown where you%26#39;ll be staying rather than wait in line at Ghost Bar. Coyote Ugly seems like a place that more men would go to rather than women...what is it that you like? What kind of scene are you looking for?



Mi Cocina in West Village would be fun for dinner and afterward, you might just want to hang out in their bar - Mambo Taxi is a popular drink. Taco Diner in West Village also.



I like hanging out in the Knox-Herderson area. Good places for dinner: Cuba Libre (Latin), Tei Tei (Japanese). Both places have bars.



Girls weekend Feb 16th -


A family in Dallas has a long history of restaurants. Their name is Pappas (Greek surname). The own several restaurants, all of which are very good.





There is Pappacitos (Mexican), Pappadeaux (Cajun) and Pappas Steak (steak!). When three of us ate at Pappadeux recently we ordered 1 salad, one large entree platter, and one desert. We each ordered a non-alcoholic drink. We shared everything kind of family style and had food leftover. They serve very large portions. With tip the meal was about $55.





The Pappas%26#39; restaurants can get very crowded with long waits. But they have the capacity to seat 18. Some our their restaurants have ';rooms'; that you might request.





You might call ahead to whichever you choose to get a reservations and maybe go before the normal evening crowd arrives to avoid feeling rushed.





Houston%26#39;s near Preston and Northwest Highway is one of my favorite high-quality casual restaurant. They have a wide range of prices and great burgers, unique salads, steak, and chicken.




THanks, I actually ate at Pappaduex when I was there in July. It was great. My husband and I stayed at Bradford suites downtonw. It was perfect. We rented a car and went to fortworth for a day checked out the Stockyards and caught a Rangers game. We went to the downtown aquarium, and ate at a mexican resturaunt in West villiage and it was great. We sat outside, they had misters. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I was on the oppisite side of gators, that is all I know.





Thanks for the tip on the Coyote bar. I don%26#39;t think that will be our thing. Since we are going to west villiage Friday night when we get in, do I don%26#39;t really want that to be our Sat night too? Is there enough to do to go there two nights. It didn%26#39;t seem like it when I was there, but I was 8 1/2 months prego. I think we will deffinitely hit one of those restaurants though. I%26#39;ll call to see who can accomadate 18 people for dinner on a Sat night. I%26#39;ll try the first one first. Sorry I%26#39;m responding to your posts with out seeing them.





Is there are bar that is a little more ';honkitonk,'; as one of the girls called it than another. Some think they will be able to see a real country bar. But I don%26#39;t think a big city could have that. I have heard Billy Bob%26#39;s mentioned. How far is that from our hotel? I guess I could look it up.







One last thing, sorry, but which bars should we hit on Friday night, are there covers. I think we are not really needing a big party just a place we can hang out drink some drinks and maybe listen to music. Thanks for all your help.





Thank , Teach




Yes, I%26#39;m replying to my own message. I FINALLY get it. Mi Conina is an all night thing. I reread the post and then looked up reviews and I guess there is a pretty cool bar upstairs. So, that will be the start of our evening on Sat. night. It might also be the end, but these girls tend to get antsy. So we will have to see.





Thanks.




Actually...you%26#39;re going to the WEST END when you get in - a touristy kinda place. There may be a Mi Cocina there...I don%26#39;t know since I never go down there.



The Mi Cocina I%26#39;m mentioning is in the WEST VILLAGE.



There%26#39;s another Mi Cocina in HIGHLAND PARK VILLAGE that has the 3rd floor bar.




I%26#39;ve heard people mention Adair%26#39;s for country music. You might research that.




And Gilley%26#39;s is near the convention center.





http://www.gilleysdallas.com/




I ate when I do not know what is going on!! : 0 )





I now know the difference between West Village and West end. Yeah!!!! Thanks for everything.








Hello!



I would like to suggest some other options for you.



Eighteen females may get a bit too ansy in some of these places that are listed.



GhostBar is a blast, but you would wait all night...so skip it.





West Village is of course in Uptown Dallas.



I do highly reccomend eating at Mi Cocina, it%26#39;s my favorite Mexican food here so far! And, Mabo Taxi (write that down), is what to order at the bar.



The problem is this restaurant is absolutely packed on the weekends, the bar area is generally so packed that you are standing shoulder to shoulder. So, if you go...call them about reservations, they may not be able to accomadate you.



Prices are reasonable, salsa is spicy, and the drink is delicious!!



There are several bars in the area that are fun in the area.



Creetia%26#39;s...get there earlier too...it gets packed. Claim your seats! They have a DJ.



The Corner Bar is also fun. It%26#39;s in the Knox/Henderson area. If you go there, there are several places to eat within walking distance. On The Border I believe is down there. Or you could go to Sambuca%26#39;s and stay all night, dinner and entertainment.





In the downtown/West End area....do not go to Coyote Ugly...trust me. I was soo dissapointed when I went, the place was very run down and no one was in there, no girls line dancing on the bar or anything. Flop.





Do eat at Sonny Bryan%26#39;s BBQ. It%26#39;s so good, very reasonable about $10, including a drink.



Gilley%26#39;s is a fun place and it is HUGE...several bars and space for the 18 ladies to let loose!



A hot spot in the area as well is Obar. I love it there. Very classy, modern, fun place to be. Beautiful people and bartenders, DJ, outdoor patio and all.





Also, Glass Cactus has a rooftop bar area and generally live music and it%26#39;s arms length away from the Adolphus. They also do a Sunday Brunch.





I hope this helps as well.




andream- I think you mean Iron Cactus. Glass Cactus is in Grapevine at the Gaylrod.

No comments:

Post a Comment