Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Family trip to Seaworld, but I hate the water.

I%26#39;ll go to Seaworld one day, but on the second day my husband and kids are gonna want to go back and do the waterpark thing. I%26#39;m gonna want to do something else on my own. We%26#39;ll have a vehicle, but I%26#39;m leary about driving around in San Antonio. Thinking they can take the car and leave me at the hotel to wander around with my camera on foot. So, of course, my dilema is where should we stay? I%26#39;ve read so many reviews that I%26#39;ve seriously confused myself.





We%26#39;ll be there four nights in June, with a budget of $200 or less per night for a hotel. Any help is greatly appreciated!



Family trip to Seaworld, but I hate the water.


Well, this is just my opinion, but I think wandering around SeaWorld wtih a camera would be more interesting than wandering around a hotel with a camera. Just my opinion. I%26#39;m not much on waterparks myself, but there are things to do at SeaWorld that don%26#39;t involve water (the aviary, the clydesdales... the shows)





Or... I%26#39;d drop everyone off, keep the car, and head to North Star Mall. I realize that it%26#39;s still driving, but it%26#39;s not a complicated route and once you get there you%26#39;ll park the car.





A resort hotel (Hyatt Hill Country, La Cantera) would probably be a little out of your price range. However, if you can get a ';deal';, I%26#39;d recommend one of those... they are close to Sea World and have property on which to wander. Or, find a hotel that has a nice spa if you like that kind of thing. The unfortunate thing is that spas can break the bank pretty quickly. :-)





At any rate... have a great trip!



Family trip to Seaworld, but I hate the water.


Check out Amerisuites, the one on I-10. It isn%26#39;t too far to Sea World, and located pretty well to get to anything decent. Amerisuites is also a part of the Hyatt family, so if you sign up for Hyatt%26#39;s Gold club or whatever it%26#39;s called, you can earn free nights and points. I got a free night, so I%26#39;m a believer! There are also some decent restaurants w/in walking distance, I like County Line, which is a BBQ place. Also it%26#39;s very close to the Shops at La Cantera, which is a lovely outdoor mall. Also nearby is Fiesta Texas (thrill rides), a Westin resort w/ a nice view of San Antonio because it%26#39;s up on a hill, one of the few in Texas. This area I believe is called medical center-adjacent or something similar. It isn%26#39;t really near the RiverWalk, although nothing is very far from anywhere in this town, in my opinion. I would not recommend staying at a hotel on Hwy 281, that hwy is a nightmare because it doesn%26#39;t have a proper interchange, you have to exit the hwy. onto the street, and then turn on the streets to get onto the other hwy. Ridiculous! Of course, I am a newer resident here. If I knew about that situation, I might not be here today! HTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment