Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Convention Center Hotel

I%26#39;ll be in San Antonio this spring for a meeting at the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center. The Marriott is the host hotel, but I won%26#39;t shell out $399 a night. I%26#39;d like to be within a few blocks, the closer the better if possible. I%26#39;ve never been there, so looking for advice.

Convention Center Hotel

Wow, that sounds high! Have you tried Hotwire? Just to check, I tried 3/23, four-star, downtown, $169.

Convention Center Hotel

Octoboy,

Unfortunately I%26#39;m going Memorial Day Weekend.


I%26#39;m sticking to Hotwire - 4 star, downtown/Riverwalk, May 25 - May 28 $96 a night. No guarentee on location, but I%26#39;d guess no more than 10 blocks and could be much closer.


You might look at the Bed and Breakfasts. I was in San Antonio last weekend and there are several B%26amp;B close to the Marriott. We saw the Marriott close to downtown and stayed at a B%26amp;B within 2 blocks of it. There is also the Amersuites and the Holiday Inn Express close to the Marriott. The Amerisuites looked real good and included breakfast. Go to MapQuest.com to get an idea of the area. Have you tried mapquest before?

Some of the luxurious B%26amp;B are close to or over $200 and the hotel tax is 16.75%. Some of the less luxurious B%26amp;B are less than $200. But the hotel tax adds a significant amount to any stay in San Antonio.


I%26#39;ve not used hotwire before. The problem is I need to be close to the conv. ctr. because we%26#39;ll be exhibiting and will need to get stuff back and forth for 3 days.

If I book with hotwire and don%26#39;t like the location, can I cancel?


Nope - you buy it before you know the exact hotel.


Use Google to find out about hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in the area.

I always use advanced search in Google. You can put '; 78205 '; '; hotel '; on the first line and then press the search button.

Then do another search with '; 78205 '; on first line, '; Bed and Breakfast '; on second line.

Then choose one of the items that would give a google map. Then put the word hotel in the search line. That will show a really good map and a listing of 20 or more places to stay. You will find where the Marriott is in relationship to the convention center and other lodging.

78205 is the zip code for the convention center.


I just noticed a much easier method. Just choose map at the top of this page. You will find out similar information. Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts are choices on different tabs when the map comes up.

  • make up application
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment